Time to move on

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Terry T
YF Newbie

Time to move on

Post by Terry T »

Our Marina berth days are over .....£4.5k is a joke . Looks like a mooring at Saltash Sailing Club is on the cards . It's been all quiet on the Yealm possibility . Security was a worry at the Yealm cos it was a long way up the river ,past the houses into the woods.
You has a mooring up the Tamar Rob didn't you ? ............ I note the Cargreen YC offer moorings at a couple hindered pounds ! That's what I call cheap moorings.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

We had a mooring up at Weir Quay for a while. I really loved it up there. The mooring owners own home overlooks all of the buoys so I suspect security is not an issue there. Their price includes annual lift and store - and isn't cheap I don't think - but definitely cheaper than PYH on an annual basis.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Hi jeff they are expensive their website states that they are half the price of the average Plymouth marina prices .......for a swinging mooring miles up,the Tamar !, :o
We have finally decided and have settled for a swinging mooring at the Cargreen Yc for £400 PA. Lovely little club house and a friendly bunch . Goes to the committee next week .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

£400 pa. Can't complain at that! Hopefully they'll re-open the Spaniard there. Lovely spot.

We had a night at anchor just downstream from there not that long ago. Lovely view down to the bridges and Saltash - and quieter than you might think so close to Plymouth.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Here's the picture:

Here's the blog post:

viewtopic.php?t=769
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Never get tired of looking at your piccys Jeff I must know them all by now your round britain is an excellent guide to all going the same way !
Agree about Saltash pontoon . It's a pity they allow people to leave some rough old boats for weeks on what is a short stay mooring . Fair old steep climb up to the shops though :wink:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thanks T. We're anchored in the middle of the channel in that pic - about a mile North of the Saltash Pontoon. We did go there for shopping - and you're right about the hill!! :D