Lift out

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Sabbatical idea still alive and kicking, watch this space! (Hence my reference to being in a holding pattern).

Photos look lovely. Never been to Whitby - is it the place that is somewhat linked to Dracula or some other spook? Nice part of the world to be living!
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Vlad Dracule landed in Whitby as a dog from a ship wrecked on a beach within the harbour (Tate Hill Beach). Author I believe stayed in Whitby while authoring. As did Alice in Wonderland's author IIRC.

It's nice. But the cliffs are made of mud and that literally makes the sea brown and the houses on the edge in dire straits.

In Devon and Cornwall the granite cliffs erode slowly and the sand is white and the sea turquoise and I miss it.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Vlad Dracule landed in Whitby as a dog from a ship wrecked on a beach
You know I have to ask.......... It wasn't one of Luna's long lost relatives? (Just thinking of the seagul attacks and the snout covered in blood!).

I agree, SW coast is more spectacular. Mud isn't very exciting. We live close to the Severn Estuary - mud capital of the Bristol Channel. Some of the banks were stabilised by sinking barges full of rocks back in the 1930's. Water is super brown - on a good day! :o
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Well I feel a bit better then. It's not _super_ brown. Some people do go diving here so it can't be _that_ bad I suppose. Unless they're doing it just so they can simulate the feeling of an isolation tank.

I think it more likely she's a relative of a breeding mishap involving a rat and a pig to be honest. Dracula far more intelligent, less waggy, less snappy and more pleasant to live with most of the time I imagine. (I love her really)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Poor Luna, a ratpig terrier!