First user to make 200 posts gets free bilge pump! (ENDED)

Our announcements, your suggestions and anything to do with this website.

Moderator: Jeff

Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

How about a used bilge pump? :bom:

.......I'll throw myself out! :)
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hehe. How about a used bilge sock - that should bring them in in droves!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Hehe. How about a used bilge sock - that should bring them in in droves!
Or a 'mystery box' of used boat consumables - a selection of blown bulbs, tin of Danboline ( opened and dried out ), selection of AA batteries ( all flat, but not leaking), sturdy bucket with slight hole, Farecla wax (enough to do at least half a square metre), selection of crimps (all crimped), toilet outlet hose, 3 metres of ( with free calcium build up) plus a few special extras from the Galley out of date food range - willing to include 1 pot noodle with slightly damaged foil lid.

All the above are available from stock (my garage) for a reasonable price P&P not included :lol:

Now just watch those new recruits eat up your bandwidth!!! :clown:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Rob!!! LOL :)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Edit:- Pot Noodle no longer available due to slight dinner emergency! But I do have 6 cans of Stella that expired in May 2010 if anyone is interested ( previous owner not a big drinker by the look of things). :cry:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

The Stella might actually attract some people. Gives me a very bad hangover for some reason.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Considering it expired in 2010, I bet it would give you a bit more than a hangover! Would be best to kip next to the loo just in case! :o
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I always kip next to the loo. Should be fine. How much do you want for it?

(I don't believe in sell-by dates. I think they're a genius way to get people to chuck stuff out and buy more.)
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:I always kip next to the loo. Should be fine. How much do you want for it?

(I don't believe in sell-by dates. I think they're a genius way to get people to chuck stuff out and buy more.)
You sound like a friend of ours who says 'It's best before, not poisonous after!'. Do you eat around the green mould on a slice of bread? ( may have done that myself when I was a student) :wink: You should take a leaf out of Luna's book - she faired poorly after eating that manky seagull, bet that was past its sell by :puker:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I love mould. One man's mould is another man's fine blue cheese!

Lunar just has a bit of a weak stomach. Rotten fish/meat is a delicacy in many cultures... many of which thing eating rotten milk is a very odd thing to do.

I'm hungry now.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Rotten fish/meat is a delicacy in many cultures....

These are probably the cultures where toilet paper is a necessity! Makes me glad I'm vegetarian :)

I will send you some Stinking Bishop and some water biscuits for Christmas - help you with your mould fix! :santa:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I love Stinking Bishop!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:I love Stinking Bishop!
Oh no! :pale: