6th June 2014 - Salcombe, Visitors, Wind

Living in the UK at anchor with a dog and a toddler - what can possibly go wrong?!
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Except we're friends with st pp hm who turned a blind eye last time we were there ;)

See you on your way to the exe canal t and v. You'll love the canal and the exe Pete basin if you get that far. Good liveaboard community spirit at the turf lock. And an excellent pub.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Jeff wrote:Except we're friends with st pp hm who turned a blind eye last time we were there ;)

See you on your way to the exe canal t and v. You'll love the canal and the exe Pete basin if you get that far. Good liveaboard community spirit at the turf lock. And an excellent pub.
Davits all finished now :lol: ...... after 6weeks just to make one arm and fix a new solar panel !! :evil: Would I use Dickie B marine again ?? Not bl**dy likely :twisted:
Anyway Val is on the mend now so hopefully we will be off on weekend or Mon or Tues . :cheers: May see all you intrepid sailors soon then .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Great stuff T & V!

Blowing a bit here today. Just saw 28 knots and it's set to increase to 1600. Anchor holding well so far. Amazing the load in that rode!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

a bit blowy here too .Not the day to put to sea . just want to get away before some other incompetent fool damages my davits again .Since we have been measured and found to,be 1.5mtrs over claimed length :oops: have been promised a longer berth .
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

a bit blowy here too .Not the day to put to sea . just want to get away before some other incompetent fool damages my davits again .Since we have been measured and found to,be 1.5mtrs over claimed length :oops: have been promised a longer berth .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

1.5m!

Does the longer berth come with a longer price tag? Backdated? Or did you get away with it?
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Jeff wrote:1.5m!

Does the longer berth come with a longer price tag? Backdated? Or did you get away with it?
I should say so :evil: £608 more . All because of a little bow sprit and a bit of air space of the dinghy . To add to the pain they said I could stay in the berth I was in . So,more money for nothing :roll: Told em if I'm paying for a 12mtr boat I want a 12mtr berth not a 10mtr one . anyway good point it's not backdated ...... If it was I'd be off ASAP .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ouchy!
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

According to Acru weather from now till the end of the month looks good . would be good if all posted when/if leaving and whether going east or west so we can at least all have a wave .

:lol:

cheers
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

We're not going further than Brixham until after the weekend but will shout when we head further afield.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

We are off for 2 weeks from Saturday. Destination still unknown but will be afloat at least! Weather appears to be unusually good - so it probably won't last! :bom:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

It looks amazingly good doesn't it! Will have to dig out the suntan lotion! :sunny: