4th September 2010 - In Scarborough!

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

4th September 2010 - In Scarborough!

Post by Jeff »

Decided Lowestoft wasn't the best of places to be stuck for _another_ week, and tides and winds just weren't right for anything in between, so at 17:00 on thursday 2nd September we just set off - Scarborough as our planned next port of call.

On Saturday the 4th of September at just before 2am, we arrived at Scarborough. We'd spent just under 33 hours at sea and covered about 130 nautical miles (150 road miles). Our longest ever voyage. Our first and second nights ever at sea on our own boat. Our first night entry into an unknown port. Our first night entry into _any_ port in fact!

I've taken a load of photos and a couple of videos which I'll post up when I get chance, but Lunar is rather desperate for a 'w' 'a' 'l' 'k' and I've not yet stood on dry land, so you'll have to wait!! :D

Current plan is to head to Whitby tomorrow!! Can't believe it!!

PS. The media seem to have taken a small interest. We've been invited to go on "Britain's best home" on ITV, BBC Look North and BBC Radio Tees! We're quite shy though so this = scary, but it's a good change to promote the cause (which is the RNLI, did you see our Just Giving page?).
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Andyloc
YF Newbie

Post by Andyloc »

well done to you both congrats on your first night passages

Andy
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you :D
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
kateandjonny
YF Newbie

Post by kateandjonny »

Hi Jeff!

Me and my boyfriend Jonny have been avid followers of your blog for the last couple of months. Sound a bit creepy eh?! ...Nah, we're not though, we've just had a similar dream and I s'pose you could say we're drawing inspiration from your experience (slightly less creepy?).
We've been meaning to alert you of our 'blog stalking' for a while, but just not got round to registering. However, when Jonny told me you'd only gone and sailed into our home town, I had to take the plunge (no pun intended!).
So, I spose we just wanted to say ...carry on living the dream, keep writing those blogs and hopefully one day you can return the favour!

Kate and Jonny

P.S- You've got the cutest dog in the world.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Kate and Jonny!!! :D Not creepy at all - it's really nice to hear that you're enjoying our blogs! :D

What are you planning to do exactly, and when do you think you're going to set off? Are you going to sell all of your "stuff" or put it in storage? And your home? There's lots of things to think about. Best of luck with it. And make sure you do it. Absolutely guarantee that you won't regret anything except putting it off. 8)
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

PS. Lunar's apparent cuteness is possibly an illusion created by the internet. Yesterday, walking on the pier in Whitby, she decided she was very annoyed with my feet, and started attacking them with much barking. Embarrassing!!