2nd April 2010 - Moved Back On Land!

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

2nd April 2010 - Moved Back On Land!

Post by Jeff »

The morning of April 1st on the holding pontoon, just before the lift, gave Rose the idea that she should try to kill me with an early heart attack, playing on my already heightened stress levels. There I was, sipping at my first coffee of the day, when a voice came from the back cabin. "JEFF, QUICK, WE'RE TAKING ON WATER!!". 0.1 seconds later, as I peered around the door, I was met by a cheeky grin and the magic words, "APRIL FOOL!"

"Don't get mad, get even", I was once told. Watch this space.

The lift out actually went very smoothly apart from a bit of difficulty getting the jib off in some gusty winds. We only realised it was a requirement that it was removed just before the lift, so it was a bit rushed. Got it down OK though. Regardless, my heart was in my throat for most of the time Isabella was in the hoists. Not sure why really. A knowledge of latent energy waiting to be unleashed should anything fail perhaps. It certainly felt very wrong standing underneath - so I only did it once.

Here's some pictures...

A night on the holding pontoon before our 8am lift

Isabella being walked to the hoist

10, 9, 8, 7, 6

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

LIFT OFF!

Positioning ready for washing

Just before being jetwashed

Slow journey to the cradle

Our telescopic ebay ladder

Our new view

A long way down!

My hopes of not having to re-anti-foul dashed - and some rust treatment needed too :(
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.