London/near London area affordable residential yacht mooring

For the discussion of liveaboard specific topics.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wow 10k is a tight budget.

If you get a boat for a decent price and it's a good boat, you probably won't lose any money on it apart from upkeep, which can be cheap if you're lucky and careful.

So think about maybe a loan to increase your budget. I'd not have wanted to live on the Centaur! Isabella was tight but OK for two with dog.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Catyans
YF Newbie

Post by Catyans »

Was considering a cheaper boat to originally be a stop gap, but instead will heed your advice and consider an initial more permanent measure.

Will keep Isabella in mind, she looks stunning and has a lot of features I'm after. The Christmas picture really sells her well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39-feet-dromo ... b#viTabs_0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-Internatio ... 20d27d05c4

These have been the other sorts of things I've been watching so far. St Kats mooring is the same price range for 10.1 to 19m boats.

Will update if I go any further from here, but thanks for being so helpful.

Will
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Please let us know how you get on!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.