Crew offered - I'd like to crew on a junk rigged yacht.

Need another hand or two for your upcoming travels? Want to offer yourself as crew? Do so in here...

Moderator: Jeff

bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Crew offered - I'd like to crew on a junk rigged yacht.

Post by bobholiday »

Hi,

I'm reading "Voyaging on a small income" by Annie Hill and seriously considering the prospect of moving permanently onto a boat and travelling about willy nilly. In her book, Annie extols the virtues of the junk rig - and she makes a very good case for it - but I'm keen to give it a try before I commit.

So if there's anyone out there who needs an extra hand (or just doesn't mind one being aboard), I'd really appreciate a go.

Problem is, junk rig requires fewer hands onboard than normal, so I guess the chances are low of me finding a ship. :roll:

Thanks for reading,

Bob
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Hi Bob, apologies for the delay but if if you want to drop me a line I have a very good friend in the Boston area that has exactly that kind of rig, can put you in touch if you like ?
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Ooh, interesting. Where's Boston?
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Boston in Lincolnshire, on the edge of The Wash, bloke by the name of Ken. Any help ?
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Cheers for the try, but that's about a million miles from Devon I believe. Will give you a shout if I'm over that way though, thank you.
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Ah :oops: sorry, didn't realise that's where you were. If I hear of anyone in that area I'll let you know.
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Thank you
Roxana
YF Newbie

Re:

Post by Roxana »

bobholiday wrote:Thank you
If you're still interested, I might be purchasing a junk-rigged day sailer with 3 berths. :)