SKIPPERS AND CREW REQUIRED FOR CHANNEL ISLAND CHALLENGE

Post info on regional interest topics, plus any events/news from the world of Yachts.

Moderator: Jeff

Le_Tournoi
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

SKIPPERS AND CREW REQUIRED FOR CHANNEL ISLAND CHALLENGE

Post by Le_Tournoi »

TITLE: SKIPPERS AND CREW REQUIRED FOR CHANNEL ISLAND'S SAILING CHALLENGE

Hi

I am part of a Jersey organisation called Le Tournoi, French for challenge. We are organising a 8 day charity sailing challenge travelling from Port Solent to Guernsey, on to Jersey, then to Cowes before returning to Port Solent. There will be round the cans racing in Guernsey, Jersey and Cowes. There are some great trophies (made by Hanover House) and social events throughout which are included in the event cost.

The dates of the challenge are from Monday 8th September to 15 September 2008. We are using Sunsail 37 class yachts and aiming to get a least 20 together.

We ran the event in 2006 and it was an overwhelming success, but with a committee of just four was hard work, so decided to run the event bi annually. Its the only event of its type around these waters so its a pretty unique experience. Half of those who took part last year are already signed up for 2008.

There are various entry levels from a whole yacht to single crew members. Crew members do not need to be experienced as on board training is provided although you would need to supplement this yourself. RYA log books will be provided so all sailing experience can go towards official sailing qualifications.

On top of this we also have on board Will Carnegie who was one of the youngest ever to circumnavigate the globe. He will be providing free intensive racing training to two members of each yacht and discounted training to any others interested.

We are also seeking experienced Skippers for the event.

If you are interest please email me at admin@letournoi.org - no obligation and I can answer all your queries and send you out more information.

You can also take a look at the website www.letournoi.org but we are currently updating this so it may be down for the next couple of weeks.

Hope to hear from you

Emma
:idea:
Go on dip your toe in!