Yacht needed for major Expedition

Looking for something specific, somewhere specific - or at a certain price... whatever, post your wanted ads in here.

Moderator: Jeff

wheresjongone
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Yacht needed for major Expedition

Post by wheresjongone »

I need to yacht or catamaran 50 to 60 ft, fully equiped for West to East Atlantic crossing in the summer of 2010. P

Provisional start finish is New York to London. I need the yacht to be in New York in the June of 2010 and it will be delivered back to London or South West Ireland in the October of the same year.

I am also looking for a suitable crew, but I can source this myself if you don't want to travel with the boat.

This is a major groundbreaking and exciting expedition, the yacht will act as a support boat for a major expedition aswell as a full science project to be conducted on the gulf stream.

The expedition also aims to raise £1m for sports related charities.

If you are interested in knowing more or know anyone that can help supply a vessel thatis suitable then please contact me.

Jonathon Bradshaw
Expedition Leader
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Sounds fantastic! Do you have a web link for more information? What are the criteria for the crew?
wheresjongone
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Send me an email to atlanticswim@live.co.uk

Post by wheresjongone »

Essentially a full solo swim across the atlantic ocean from New York to London (possibly Cape Cod to South West Ireland)

More info at (but not much information) www.thebigswim2010.com

Once I have direct contact with you I will provide more details - do you have a possible suitable yacht or are you crew?

Thanks very much for your interest.

Regards

Jonathon
skyops
YF Newbie

Post by skyops »

Hello Jonathon, are you still looking for a suitable yacht?
I have a superb 62 foot ocean going ketch. At present she is in Malaysia, but could possibly be made available by arrangement.
My email is skyops@hotmal.com
Cheers. Jon