Sailing Dogs

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Sailing Dogs

Post by bobholiday »

I read an article in a sailing magazine about a type of dog from Norway (I think) which was bred to go on sailing boats. It has a sixth sense for land or somesuch thing.

I need a dog, and it would be great to be able to take it onboard with me, so one of these sounds ideal.

Anyone know what they are? And where I can get one?

Ta!
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

I think most dogs like being on a boat, but don't know which one you're thinking of specifically.
We have an Alaskan Malamute and he used to love the mobo, but he's a bit old now so can't get down the companionway on Sixpence, and he's not too keen on the extra rocking motion on deck either
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
sallyreena
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Internet Marketting

Post by sallyreena »

Charbonneau is a 40' sailboat. Included in our crew are two large dark-golden retrievers, Max & Bailey. Pets on-board has been one of our biggest challenges and continues to provide humor, frustration, and innovation in our daily lives.
-----------------------
Sally
Social Marketing
Email : drivenwide@gmail.com
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Do you live aboard with them? They sound like a proper handful hehe. Any photos?
Dan Parish
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Dogs

Post by Dan Parish »

Hi all

I hope some one can sort this question for me.

The question is with regards to dogs on yachts.

What is the legal stand point, 1 if I just sail around the British Isles, 2 What if I sail outside British waters

Thanks

Dan