Up to much??

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Up to much??

Post by Discus »

Bored! What's everyone up to? Seems like people are hibernating for the winter on the forum so this is your early spring wake up call!!

Wakey Wakey!!!!!!!! :bom:

Rob :wink:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

February life as normal here on the whole. Lots of work on so busy busy busy... and then childcare (unless I'm sitting here posting on this forum pretending to work while my parents battle with Nina)... lalala.

When are you going back afloat Rob?
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Just had a lovely week in Fowey . brilliant sunshine and windless days . Had Mixtow to ourselves ! Super trips up,to pub at Golant for lunch and walks to,the ferry pub . All in all an AWESOME week :lol:

The joys of keeping the boat in all year...........as Jeff knows from his exploits .

Sad to sad the weather is absolute crap again to day ....... Heavy rain and strong winds ......more to come next week too . :roll:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Great to hear you're still making the most of the boat Terry! Send our wishes to Val and the chaps.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Things may change . Have put my name down for a swinging mooring up the Yealm .......seems I will get one in April!! So liveaboard may cease .
Will be ok to live onboard for a week or two I guess but other than that and of course cruising about we will be living ashore........... Maybe .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Why not live at anchor like we did T? Using the Yealm as a bolt-hole when required, or for shore time boat parking?

Very jealous that you've managed to secure a mooring in the Yealm!! We love it there.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

"Bored" I said. Hmmm that will teach me! Just back from Yorkshire as MIL was rushed into hospital so mad dash up to Wakefield and a busy couple of days. :?
Lots of changes for this season. Not renewing mooring.....so we are off! Finally! Details to follow.

Terry - Sounds good. Had option to buy a mooring in the Yealm with the boat, perhaps I should have! 8)

Hope you are all well

Rob :)
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Jeff wrote:Why not live at anchor like we did T? Using the Yealm as a bolt-hole when required, or for shore time boat parking?

Very jealous that you've managed to secure a mooring in the Yealm!! We love it there.
We will still be sort of liveaboards doing much the same as we are doing now but we enjoy the creature comforts of alongside water and mains leccy during the winter . We still hope to use the boat during the winter though.
The yealm offers the best swinging moorings around and cheap too at £1300pa .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

We never wintered afloat at anchor. I'd like to give it a go someday. Would be tough!

£1300. About 1/3 of the price of Yacht Haven I guess? And a much nicer place to be most of the time.
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Jeff wrote:We never wintered afloat at anchor. I'd like to give it a go someday. Would be tough!

£1300. About 1/3 of the price of Yacht Haven I guess? And a much nicer place to be most of the time.
1/3 ? £4,600 renewal this year . It's becoming no,joke trying to run a shore home and a Berth in a marina .

Anchoring afloat would be very hard me thinks unless way up near the top of a river with a near FW water access and parking . Can't think of anywhere that fits the bill though . :(

If we are not allocated a mooring up the yealm this year we don't know what to do but will probably leave YH anyway and invest the saved money in temporary berthing on our unplanned as yet travels .
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Dartmouth is a good liveaboard at anchor location ;)

1/3 = one third.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Blimey! I'm finally back! Busy working on the boat - lots done and still lots to do. We launch in about 4 weeks time - late I know but we are hoping to head off to Ireland and on up to Scotland as we have the whole summer off!!!!!!!!

Anyone been up to much? :?:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

We just received a photo of Towser all ready to launch tomorrow. And it's warm, and the sun is shining and I'm boatless and rather green with envy... just a touch of relief present not to have to worry about a boat and all its systems as well as two children... but it doesn't make up for it :(

Up to much? Mostly changing nappies and consoling screaming children... I tell a lie it's mostly lovely :)

Post some pictures of your travels!! Please!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Well, you are certainly right not to miss all the fitting out and prepare work but with this weather, it hardly seems a chore to be working on the boat. We have seen other yachts getting launched and the yard thinning out and there is now a certain level of excitement building. We have threatened for so long to go off on some sort of trip - this year was the final straw so we have both stopped working and are taking some time out. Always loved sailing in Scotland so that's where we decided to go. To be honest, you and Rose are partly responsible as following your round UK trip inspired us to explore the great cruising grounds of the UK rather than head off somewhere hot. I can do better than post some pictures, I have set up a blog to record the trip - will send you the address when I have actually filled something in on it.
Hope you are all keeping well and remember, if you have withdrawal symptoms from sailing, just give us a shout!

Rob
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Awesome stuff. Very very much looking forward to your blog. And thank you for your offer!