One pot cooking

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

One pot cooking

Post by DaveA »

I have a small twin burner stove on Sixpence, and with the approaching maiden voyage of 175nm I'm not much looking forward to sandwiches all the way, but also want to keep gas consumption to a minimum. Any ideas for something I can knock up in a single pot ?. No seperate water tank either, so all water will be in bottles, and have to be filled each time I reach a supply.
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

I've been reading about this in "Voyaging on a Small Income" which is a great read. It's a book about a couple who travel the world on a shoestring. All true and full of really useful tips. They make most meals in a pressure cooker as it saves on mess, cooks quicker which saves on fuel, and allows you to cook a lot of things up very nicely which are initially very cheap to buy. Loads of recipes in the book too. I just got my copy of ebay for about £8.
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

I'll have to look that one up, thanks, don't normally do pressure cookers but that's a good point about fuel economy
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk