Sailing today mag

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Terry T
YF Newbie

Sailing today mag

Post by Terry T »

For the first time in years Yesterday I bought a Sailing Today mag :cry: ........What an absolute load of glossy paged dross.

Years ago the mag use to be a worthwhile read to the average yotty but now full of articles on super yachts and ads .
INMHO a complete waste of £4-20 . Would I buy it again ? not likely !!

Does anyone buy Boating mags nowadays ? ........ Go on have a pre Xmas discussion :wink:
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Bit hit and miss at the moment (Sailing Today). Some months have a raft of good articles, other times they seem short on copy. I think it must be a slow time of the year for them articles. They do seem to be trying to position themselves as the 'sailors' magazine but I agree, this month the smell of money was wafting off too many of the pages!! I end up reading PBO and ST - but only because my dad gets them as a gift subscription so passes them on to me when he's read them.
I swear sailing magazines breed in our house as they seem to be salted away everywhere! Was really excited the other day when I saw a new cooker advertised in one of them for £300 - Sadly it was a copy from 2007 :(