Oi! Who stole Summer?

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Oi! Who stole Summer?

Post by Discus »

Own up, which one of you has pinched summer and left all this rain? Even my saloon window is leaking in protest!

Not happy! :twisted:

Rob (who should have stayed at home!) :rambo:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Are you aboard? We're anchored in barn pool ATM. Walked to cawsand and back today in lovely weather. What are you talking about?!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Are you aboard? We're anchored in barn pool ATM. Walked to cawsand and back today in lovely weather. What are you talking about?!
Last night! 7pm water taxi, we were soaked just bringing the stuff from the car. Today, not so bad at all, even got a bit sunburnt. Had to come home now (prior commitment) - but we were just round the corner from you today. Did you see the bl**dy big warship they took out today? Bigger than the usual fayre we get round here.

Don't be too tempted by the Edgecumbe Arms! :wink:

Rob 8)
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I did see it yes! We also turned on the radar he other day to watch the radar proof thing come in. It is not very radar proof.

Btw what does sd stand for in the boat names like "sd faith" which operate like tugs for the big navy boats?
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

SD = Serco Dun(something) they are the company that operate the tugs. Did you also have the twit in the speedboat go past at about 30kts in the 6kt zone? The wake he left looked like something out of the Poseidon Adventure. Still, I think he thought he looked cool!
Hmmm, stealth technology usurped by 2kw radar set! Good to see your tax £'s at work!
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

We've been moaning for three days now about the wakes caused by boats exceeding the speed limit. Didn't notice one in particular this am. Maybe the police got him. Might have been a friend of a friend of ours who had his stag do this weekend. They went by convoy to cawsand with one speedboat towing a yacht they couldn't fire up the engine of, which was itself towing another speedboat. They got in trouble with the locals in cawsand after waterskiing at 2am. Next morning one speedboat was underwater. Think they went up the lynher last night.

Was it green and sparkly?
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ps. SD. I never would have guessed that. I assumed it was some meaningful acronym not a business name. Thank you.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

I have seen the police get a speeding boat going past Mayflower in the past. The wakes can cause some serious issues. Occasionally, we have some utter t**t go through our moorings flat out. One time I was on the coachroof packing the sail away and it happened. None to pleased when I was swung off the side of the boat still holding the boom, to be swung back the other way, feet running across the coachroof and then off the other side again. Luckily I eventually landed back on the deck.

Sounds like an 'interesting' stag do. Hope they weren't waterskiing in the buff! (We have seen that too!). Looked like it smarted a bit when they got separated from the ski. :oops:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Blimey your boom adventure sounds awful! I'd like to have seen a movie of that ;)

Naked waterskiing doesn't bare thinking about!
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Jeff wrote:I did see it yes! We also turned on the radar he other day to watch the radar proof thing come in. It is not very radar proof.

Btw what does sd stand for in the boat names like "sd faith" which operate like tugs for the big navy boats?
Think you need to be about 50miles away the appreciate its stealth signature.
:lol:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I wonder if the whole city of Plymouth is cloaked then! We couldn't see it alt all from 30 miles away!