Forum SW meet

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Terry T
YF Newbie

Forum SW meet

Post by Terry T »

The forum SW meet was held this afternoon at Yacht haven Quay in Plymouth . :lol:
those attended were Rob ,his dear wife and me! :cheers:
It was good to meet and put a face to the names to fellow members .
Cheers Rod and Catherine (hope that's right ) could be Kathryn I guess ,apologies if I got it wrong
regards
Terry
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Excellent :)

I've arrived on Towser today in Totnes so I was with you in spirit. Am now cleaning and unpacking. Rose and Nina arrive on Sunday. We launch on Monday.

Hope to see you all on the water in the season at some point!

:D
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Yes, really good to meet you Terry! Unfortunately we looked like two anonymous boiler suit clad blobs - but at least we did manage not to cover Terry in antifoul. Hopefully the first of many meets - and a few beers this season. Karen and I hope to see you all afloat..................... if we can put the boat back together by next Friday! :P
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Discus wrote:Yes, really good to meet you Terry! Unfortunately we looked like two anonymous boiler suit clad blobs - but at least we did manage not to cover Terry in antifoul. Hopefully the first of many meets - and a few beers this season. Karen and I hope to see you all afloat..................... if we can put the boat back together by next Friday! :P
yes was good to meet up . Sorry Karen got the name totally wrong :oops: It's me age !!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Good luck with the launch Jeff - still trying to put our boat back together - taking waaaaaaay too long! :o
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Just when you think it's all going to plan.................... A nightmare day for us. Shower sump pump now doesn't fit where it needs to go under the floor and the automatic bilge pump has decided it isn't getting any juice anymore so won't work. Manual bilge pump hose also needs some fettling to fit. Hydrovane still needs to be moved up and the navtex has gone on the fritz aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
On the plus side we have a new Sprayhood........... but no tent yet!

Friday launch now looking doubtful. What was it that Terry said about the bu**er factor? :x :?
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Discus wrote:Just when you think it's all going to plan.................... A nightmare day for us. Shower sump pump now doesn't fit where it needs to go under the floor and the automatic bilge pump has decided it isn't getting any juice anymore so won't work. Manual bilge pump hose also needs some fettling to fit. Hydrovane still needs to be moved up and the navtex has gone on the fritz aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
On the plus side we have a new Sprayhood........... but no tent yet!

Friday launch now looking doubtful. What was it that Terry said about the bu**er factor? :x :?
Ah so that's where the bu**er fairy has gone :wink: hope to go to sea for a few days on Tuesday so please hang on to it atleast till we get back .
look on the positive side Rob you won't need to take on water so often without the shower usable . Get a grip man the rest is only a few hours hard graft . Just buy Karen some decent spanners while you chill with a cup of coffee at the cafe :lol:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good luck all. We launch later. Fingers crossed for problem free start to the season...
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Terry T wrote:Ah so that's where the bu**er fairy has gone :wink: hope to go to sea for a few days on Tuesday so please hang on to it atleast till we get back .
look on the positive side Rob you won't need to take on water so often without the shower usable . Get a grip man the rest is only a few hours hard graft . Just buy Karen some decent spanners while you chill with a cup of coffee at the cafe :lol:
Unfortunately, the bu**er fairy brought her friend the party Ape that has trashed the inside of the boat! Looks like a boat jumble stall inside rather than a boat. Have had to make rapid changes to my diary to free up some time to go down again before Friday and sort out said issues. Bit of a pain really.

Will direct the bu**er fairy back down the river - bound to be some git on a jet ski she can hang around with for a while!

Jeff - hope it went well

Back to work :?