Deck shoes Vs Crocs

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Deck shoes Vs Crocs

Post by DaveA »

I splashed out last season and bought some proper deckies, well they were on offer, but this year the wife decided she wanted to try Croc's. Swears blind that they're better than deckies but I can't bring myself to even try them on. Anyone got any thoughts on this ?
Personally don't want to look like a muppet, but each to his/her own :D
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Hehe, well I think deck shoes look like golf shoes - which can't be a good thing hehe. And they're SO expensive for what they are! I'll stick to my squash shoes I think.
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Ah good, someone else that doesn't like paying over the odds :lol:
First time I went out I only had trainers so they got well and truly tested, and in all honesty, I don't think the grip is any better with deckies, though they do dry out better
nicobelich
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by nicobelich »

bobholiday wrote:Hehe, well I think deck shoes look like golf shoes - which can't be a good thing hehe. And they're SO expensive for what they are! I'll stick to my squash shoes I think.
:) I totally agree, they are way to expensive. I use my squash shoes as well :D (I use this one). Honestly speaking I choose these because they were cheap plus they have a gum rubber outsole which I find great.

Could you tell me which squash shoe do you use? It might be a better choise :wink:
"Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it."
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Mine are standard Hi-Tech. I look like a bit of a chav in them apparently, which isn't so good for getting in with the sailing snobs - but I don't think I want to get in with them ;)

(Though actually, so far everyone I've met in the sailing world has been lovely)
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Same experience here. Haven't met anyone yet that isn't a half decent type, and none of them care what anyone's wearing really
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Or perhaps they just don't like to say ;)
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Oh so cruel, but so true at the same time :drunken: :lol:
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk