2014 fitting out - How's it going for you?

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Perhaps a young romantic. I used to be one of those too.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Unfortunately amazingly knowledgeable is usually euphemism for boring as sin! I blame my dad, he wanted a yacht for as long as I can remember. Spent holidays in Scotland pouring over yacht magazines as a kid and it kind of stuck. Only became serious when he retired in 2005 and I helped him choose a boat and thought I had better learn to sail to help him along a bit - it's been expensive ever since!! Probably have developed an unhealthy interest in yachts - Karen rolls her eyes quite often when I get going so restrict myself to online input!! The Corsair answer is a result of looking at maybe buying one but it didn't really offer enough 'difference' from what we had at the time. I think my boat buying phase is now over as we are pretty settled with the Tradewind, just need to get away on her for a bit now! Working on that bit :P
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wherever it came from I am very glad you're about to share what you know! Thank you!

I don't actually know what boat you have. Is this an example of one:

http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2001/ ... vAlAXd_sp8 ?
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Wherever it came from I am very glad you're about to share what you know! Thank you!

I don't actually know what boat you have. Is this an example of one:

http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2001/ ... vAlAXd_sp8 ?
Aye, that's one of 'em. Ours has a bowsprit and slightly larger rig but yes, looks like that one but with a different layout inside. :D
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Proper boat that!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Shame they can't reverse in a straight line though! :oops:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Does that make ours a proper boat too I wonder :)
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Does that make ours a proper boat too I wonder :)
It's the defining characteristic of a proper boat! 8)