Please help me indentify my boat

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

peter lukas
YF Newbie

Post by peter lukas »

hello everybody
i bougth this yacht as a restauration project and im trying to find out bit more about her before i start some works.
in her state i will need a lots of inspiration<
what i know:
last owner said she`s been bulid in 1973
25feet ,swing keel,fiberglass hull and wooden cockpit
large swing tiller attached to transom
she looks like early Westlay yacht
i attach some photos,

https://picasaweb.google.com/1082781767 ... 9485/Irene

any ideas?

Peter
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi Peter - welcome!

You have some work to do there!! Great project. Will be excellent fun with the kid(s) when ready to sail.

I have no idea what the vessel is. Perhaps you should ask on the W.O.A. forum as you think it's a Westerly? Their forum used to be members only but it's not any more. It's here:

http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/woaforum/

If you find out what she is, please do let us know.

Good luck!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
peter lukas
YF Newbie

Post by peter lukas »

thank you Jeff i tried and they pretty sure its not Westerly<
but it was worth to try:)
if i cant find anything i will rebulid her as classic yacht with mahogany trims and white cabin
flag blue hull with white strips...gosh i cant wait to start.im waiting for wormer days.
thank you
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

If you have the time you should post regular updates on your progress, with pictures.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
peter lukas
YF Newbie

Post by peter lukas »

i will, although i dont know how to attach photo ito post.
i will start soon new topic " Irene "restoration project:)
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

It's not as easy as you might think, to attach a photo. You need to have it hosted somewhere else to start with.

Fortunately, you can now do this very easily using a free service like this one:

http://postimage.org/

Just upload your image and then underneath are various versions of code you can use to insert an image. If you click on COPY TO CLIPBOARD next the one that says "Thumbnail for forums(1)"

And then make a post in here and when you want to insert your image hit CTRL-V (or right-click and choose PASTE) and that will insert the code you need to show your image.

Bit of practice and you'll suss it. Have a go now maybe.
peter lukas
YF Newbie

Post by peter lukas »

oki lets try
one of my inspiration yachts
peter lukas
YF Newbie

Post by peter lukas »

YAY! thank you jeff>10 more years and i will be forum geek:)
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fab, but small. And it turns out that free service pays for itself by linking to their pages, and showing ads... fair enough perhaps.

There may be other services out there which are better.