battery upgrade

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Terry T
YF Newbie

battery upgrade

Post by Terry T »

Having revalidated our domestic battery capacity ('cos as liveaboards we are very greedy on leccy,) :roll: i have up-rated each battery capacity and have fitted an isolating switch to each battery feeding a common busbar so now i can run on any combination of batteries leaving others in reserve to prevent the need to run the engine at in-oppertunity times . How will it work out ?? Dunno but I will feed back later . :salut:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good idea! The ability to have complete control over your batteries is underrated I think. And VSR + Solar = waste of energy!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.