Transatlantic crossing for Charity - looking for support

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

mitchellleary
YF Newbie

Transatlantic crossing for Charity - looking for support

Post by mitchellleary »

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping you will be able to help me.

Later this year, I am planning a transatlantic crossing to fundraise for a selection of charities. My personal pick is Help for Heroes but I am looking for a few more charities to dedicate a portion of the money to. ALL money raised will be shared between the charities. I have done a few other challenges before to raise money for charities but this will be my biggest challenge so far and a real once in a lifetime trip.

What I'm looking for from people on this forum is a few things;

- Someone kind enough to donate their time and boat to this challenge(your name/business would be mentioned in all press releases)
- Someone with experience to captain the trip + possible other crew members if necessary
- People who get involved to nominate a few further charities to benefit from the raised funds

It's important to remember that there are people out there who need these kinds of fundraising challenges to get by and are less fortunate than we are. Why can't we give a little time and effort to show our support for these people.

Please let me know if you can help me with this in any way. I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Mitchell
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mitchell

Welcome to Yacht Forum!

Best of luck with your plans - I wish I could help!

Please do let us know from time to time how you're getting along with it.

Cheers,

Admin
Yacht Forum