Red Diesel Purchasing.

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Red Diesel Purchasing.

Post by bobholiday »

My boat is on the hard at the moment, but I could do with topping up the fuel tank. Can I take a jerry can to a marine diesel supplier and pay "red" prices? Or not?

Also, if I can actually do this, where's the easiest place to get red diesel on land in the Exeter vicinity?

Ta
MarkJ
YF Newbie

Post by MarkJ »

Don't see why not.

We have a local garage where you can buy red diesel, its not their business what you do with it.

Mj
MarkJ
Dickh
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Dickh »

The last time I got some red diesel from another local marina and asked for 30l in cans, they were very suspicious and wanted my name & address, even though I was at another local boatyard(and knew I couldn't get any red diesel at that time). Antway, after October this year it'll probably be cheaper to buy road diesel than red from the marina. They explained that they don't like dispensing into cans from 'strangers' as they don't know where it's going and they could get prosecuted. Presumably people put it in their cars - I wondor why?