Moving to Gillingham...

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

mjp
YF Newbie

Moving to Gillingham...

Post by mjp »

I’m looking for help… As a trainee Paramedic starting a 3 year degree course this September I am desperately looking for a liveaboard yacht in the Gillingham area. I’m a mature student (42yrs) and just need a quite place to live and study during term time. I’m hoping to make contact with a boat owner who would be interested in having someone ‘boat-sit’ for them. I am happy to cover cost of the mooring fees etc. And maybe also carry out some maintenance along the way. It seems like a good way for the owner get their mooring fees covered whilst leaving the boat free for them to use throughout the summer. I am an experienced sailor so the boat would be in very good hands and there is also the added security of having someone onboard throughout the winter months. If during this time of recession there is anyone who can see the possibilities of this mutually beneficial arrangement then feel free to contact me either via a PM or on this forum...

thanks, Martyn