Identification of model yacht

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

IainS
YF Newbie

Identification of model yacht

Post by IainS »

Burntisland Heritage Trust have been given a collection of five model boats, which we hope to display in Burntisland Heritage Centre. One is a clipper, three are fishing boats, and the fifth is a yacht. They were made by a Burntisland man who died recently.
Below are photos of the model yacht. I'm afraid we don't know much about yachts, and I'm wondering if someone might be able to help us put together a brief description of the yacht, or perhaps suggest someone who might be able to help.
We've already tried RYA Scotland and Ace Marine, with no luck.
Any assistance will be much appreciated!
IainS
YF Newbie

Post by IainS »

A quick update. I got the answer on the Model Boat Mayhem forum. The boat is a wishbone schooner, the 'Argus', based on plans by H.E. Andrews.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad you got it identified. Nice looking boat!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.