Striker 22 Yacht

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

sheppy
YF Newbie

Striker 22 Yacht

Post by sheppy »

Hi,

New to this forum but wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the Striker 22 yacht. I'm pretty sure it's made by a company called Marcon but I can't find out anything about them.

I went to look at an Anderson 22 which was a little poor and stopped at a boat yard on the way back and saw a few boats. The Jaguar 21 was good if you're about 3 inches wide due to the internal dims but then saw this Striker 22. It's a great looking boat and the interior is pretty well designed too. The only real problem I can see is that the engine has to mount on a aux board out back but maybe that's not too much of an issue. Can anyone offer any advice or point me towards any online resources?

Thanks,

John
Spocsta
YF Newbie

Marcon Striker

Post by Spocsta »

Hi John, The Striker 22 was produced by Marcon based in Southampton. I currently own one and would highly recommend it - although it has an aux outboard mount you will prob find it also has an inboard (located under the steps) mine still has the original petrol vire 7 inboard. It is a great boat to sail and is also quite roomy inside for a 22 - I sleep in ours with my wife and 2 kids no problem. The boat was designed by Alan Hill a very good yacht designer. What really attracted me to buy one was it's modern looks for it's age and I have not regretted it!!
sheppy
YF Newbie

Post by sheppy »

Thanks for your reply. I just realised it was almost exactly one year since I posted that. I have in the meantime bought a 19’ Fletcher Sport Cruiser but will be looking to buy a small yacht next year. I do agree the Striker 22 looks very modern for they age - which is partly why I was drawn to them. I’m also looking at the Leisure 23 SL which also look very modern and has very good headroom too. If I can bite the mooring costs, I may even look at a 25/27’ boat but I think the 22/23 might make more sense. I don’t recall seeing space for a sea loo on the Striker, is there space? Also, I wonder how well they handle in the sea. I’m looking to travel around the south costs and maybe even to South Wales - which means crossing the Bristol Channel. Also what sort of speed does yours do under sail and under power?

Thanks,
John