Anyone got any experience of Sea Start?

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Anyone got any experience of Sea Start?

Post by bobholiday »

I'm thinking of signing up for Sea Start next season. Just for that extra peace of mind.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Good?

Thanks 8)
richard
YF Newbie

Post by richard »

Yes i had an interesting moment last year when the cooling on my engine caused an inconvenience by flooding the bilge with water, after a testing afternoon, sometimes i understand described as an opportunity to learn, we made it back into QAB in plymouth without the assistance of the engine.
Being a grumpy old man i felt , probably unreasonably , that this wasnt an experience i wished to repeat so i got in contact with sea start, the boats previous owner had been a member so the phone number was in the chart table.
They were very helpful allowed me to enrol on the phone and sent an engineer out within the hour, money well spent i would say.
The cooling system for various reasons played up again enroute to Brixham a few days later and i called them out and yet again they were very good , located the problem rectified it and touch wood i have had no problems since