Complete Nump... Novice

Have a natter in here about anything you like. Witty, serious, interesting, inspirational - anything goes. Just like your own yacht club bar - but electronic! :)

Moderator: Jeff

Marc1t
YF Newbie

Post by Marc1t »

Hi jeff.
You could always join the BA yacht club, it's not just for BA employees check out the SOYC website (Speedbird Offshore Yacht Club) cheapest sailing in the UK. Based river Hamble near Southampton. With your experience you could be a training skipper immediately.
Tbh I haven't been seriously looking,but. I saw a Jeunau Fantasia 27 up for sale about £12000 in vgc looked good as a starter.
Have you any suggestions along similar lines?
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I've no time spare unfortunately at the moment, but that would have been fab.

I don't know much about Jeanneau, Beneteau, Dufour except on inspection they seem a bit 'thin' and wobbly - and don't they use more sandwich construction as opposed to good old fashioned solid resin? Westerly Tempest was excellent if you can find one in good condition - but it'd be more than £12k. That sounds like a bargain.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.