19th August 2014 - Nauticat 38 Sold

Living in the UK at anchor with a dog and a toddler - what can possibly go wrong?!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Well, happy house warming! Must be a change for you as the floors don't move up and down! Not really had much time afloat at all recently. Have trapped a nerve in my neck which limits my mobility a bit and means I can't really support much weight with my left arm at the moment. Painful but getting there slowly but resulting in little or no sailing time and a miserable face I can't seem to shift (although Karen says that's my 'normal' face!). Anyway, just hoping the big move up country went well - all very exciting moving somewhere new, although I hope its in better nick than our house when we moved in - walls painted with a yard brush and a giant WWF logo on a bedroom wall in poster paint and tippex! Aaah! The good old days! :colors:

Bet you are looking forward to Christmas!!!

Rob
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Just as an FYI, if you have been inspired by the Simple Sailer ethos then you have an opportunity to own the real thing!

http://corribee.org/for-sale-and-wanted/

MingMing is for sale!
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Oh my goodness! One single berth though! Apart from that it's perfect! Wow! Thank you!

Do you know why he's selling it?
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Jeff wrote:Oh my goodness! One single berth though! Apart from that it's perfect! Wow! Thank you!

Do you know why he's selling it?
Maybe it's because it only has one berth :lol:

You could always re jig the inside to fit another berth or two :P

Just thought you may find it ironic that she's for sale :D
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Indeed. And quite affordable too. You could spend a considerable amount of that figure on the windvane steering alone!

I wonder if he's including his series drogue with it. If he is, perhaps he's hanging up his oilies for good. If not, he's planning something new perhaps.

I would very much like that boat!

Hmmmm....
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

I agree, price is low enough to be low/no risk. The inclusion of a trailer means you can take it home for winter and not have to pay for winter storage. Wind vane steering already included. You could argue its a boat of "historic" value considering her exploits! Opportunity? :?:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Can't justify it :(
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

:(

But I know what you mean!